Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My boy is growing up

On December 29th, Canaan turned 8. WOW!! Where has the time gone? Chad and I have come to the recent realization that in less than 10 years we will have 2 children in college. While financially we are planning for these days, emotionally I have come to find we aren't ready to let them go- EVER!! I can't even fathom the day when they will get married. Now, you may be wondering why I am thinking about the future. Me too. I feel like just yesterday I was feeding Katrina sweet potatos in her high chair or hearing Canaans first cry. I look back at the baby pictures and see a sweet little blond baby girl trying to pick up a rattle with her hand or at that chubby little curly, red headed baby boy sleeping snuggled up to his Daddy. I realize that EVERY day is precious and is to be savored. Tomorrow comes too fast and steals their childhood away. Love them, hug them and spent your time with them letting them know how precious they really are to you. Isn't that what you want them (and yourself) to remember?

Happy birthday my little angel boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WAHHHH your making me sentimental. How fast the last 8 years has gone. Oh man in 8 years we are going to have 16 year old boys??? CRAZY stuff!!!

Yeah on your having a blog now!!!